As an experienced behavior consultant, I will evaluate the emotion behind the behavior, the behavior itself and what might be triggering the problem. A prognosis will be made and an individualized behavior modification program is discussed, jointly agreed upon, then tailored to your specific needs and implemented with my personal guidance.
I will help you understand your dog’s motivations and begin to modify these behaviors safely and gradually. We will work closely together to problem solve and you will learn how to maintain your dog’s behavior training. In order to achieve desired results, following the plan will give you the best outcome and deviating from it might incur unwanted setbacks.
On-going weekly sessions will achieve the best results. Dogs with more serious behavior issues may require more intensive training. Setting realistic goals will be a priority.
A Behavior Assessment Intake Form will be required to fill out and return at least 48 hours prior to our first consult.
Some of the behavior problems I consult on:
- Fear of people, places, being left alone, other animals, noises, objects and more
- Aggression; towards other dogs, people, lunging and barking while leash walking
- Excessive barking
- Biting, nipping, growling
- Protective guarding (including food, toys, furniture, people)
Punishment will not be the first or second line of treatment, regardless of the dog’s behavioral responses. This is due to the potential adverse effects of punishment which include but are not limited to:
- Inhibition of learning
- Increased fear and aggressive behaviors
- Potential injury to animals and people
What you can expect
- Positive change begins with people.
- Sessions begin in and around your home.
- Realistic goals will be discussed with a plan of action to follow.
- With my guidance, you will learn how to build and maintain a simple yet solid foundation set of obedience skills.
- New behavior concepts will be implemented to teach your dog coping skills while modifying and diminishing the old, unwanted ones.
- We will identify stressors, triggers, thresholds and other factors that might be inhibiting your dog’s ability to learn and we will devise tools how to manage them as your dog gains confidence and achieves success.
- Once a solid foundation has been established, behavior sessions will take place at other locations to insure your dog can cope well within different environments.
- For the best outcome, weekly training sessions are highly recommended to maintain continuity.
- Each dog and individual situation varies however behavior modification typically requires a minimum of 2-4 months with weekly sessions of cooperative hands-on training before changes can occur and new, positive behaviors begin to emerge.
- Pet parents are encouraged to incorporate a maintenance behavioral training schedule as part of daily life.
- Modifying a dog’s behavior requires commitment and a little bit of time.
- Serving Palm Beach and North Broward Counties
INITIAL CONSULT: $170 1 1/2 hours
Behavior Questionnaire will be provided to be filled out at least 48 hours prior to consultation.
*Multiple session packages are the most effective.
Contact 180dog today to discuss which personalized behavior program best fits your needs and take the first step towards restoring balance with your pet.
“Under Gari’s direction I was able to transform my scared angst rescue pup to the happiest dog. She has incredible knowledge, resources and intuition. Her positive reinforcement methods eased my mind and earned the trust of my Whimsey Girl! Not only did Gari help Whimsey with social skills and separation anxiety but she taught me a lot about canine nutrition, and now the dog eats better than the people in my house. Thank you, Gari, you are amazing!!!”– Nicole and Maggie, West Palm Beach